Saturday, March 8, 2008

No News...

The past few weeks have been really, really rough. It hasn't been anything adoption related - just other circumstances. And it's not often that I get stressed out or even feel down. But right now, I think I qualify as officially "bummed." So we've been holding out hope that our report for February would bring the good news of an IBESR exit. A mini-celebration to mark that milestone would definitely renew our spirits.

Well, we haven't gotten our monthly update yet, but it's safe to say that we're still in IBESR.

There have been some good reports coming out of our orphanage - movement with other files, a speedy exit out of Parquet for a family.... so we're remaining hopeful.


I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27: 13-14

8 of your thoughts:

AprilC said...

Hang in there Beth.

Anonymous said...

Frame that one...

I echo Aprilc, Hang in there.

Go ahead and be bummed a bit, but don't stay there. Remember, we get bummed because we are helpless and uncertain, but we press on in faith! Because we have faith in One who knows the end from the beginning. (Don't you just wish He'd let on about His plans once in a while?)

I am sitting here in my computer chair remembering how encouraged I was by the sympathetic words of those out there who had already walked my road. I wasn't in your shoes as long as you have been, but I was in them--and had my share of "blisters", too! All that to say, I know it's rough! You're just a mama who wants her son. Nothing could be more understandable than that!

I am praying and I know many others out there are too. Keep your chin up-- but if it sags, let it be in prayer.

And one more thing: Make a special point to cuddle with your Honey. Sometimes a good long hug really helps!

Love you!

Kathy Cassel said...

I love those verses, but really it's man's mess that is slowing us down. I'd love to see God do a miracle and just shove all the papwork through, though!

CG said...

Praying for you. Sorry times are tough. We recently had a family at our O enter & exit IBESR in just 3 months, so surely you are close! I hope you are already out and just don't know it yet.

Terry said...

We all get down sometimes, but as someone already said, you can't stay there. Praying we all get out of IBESR soon...Terry

Major Mom said...

You know I am praying, Beth. Have faith in Him. And trust C4C, I really think they do a great job of getting their kiddos home. Haiti's just a tough place to adopt from.

Kathy Cassel said...

I'm praying we hear very, very soon. Everything closes down for Easter week. I guess that would be next week?

Kimmie said...

Hope filled is a good place to stand, I know how easy the enemy tries to kick us as we are waiting on our adoptions. Remember that he is the enemy of our souls, discouragement and fear are his marks- sometimes we forget that. Hope in the Lord, Trust in the Lord-pray and don't let the enemy have a foothold my friend.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted