Wednesday, May 28, 2008

OUT!!!

At about 12:30 today, I was filling my car with gas so I could make the thirty minute trip into downtown Tampa to acquire one of the documents that had been requested for IBESR. I heard my cell phone ringing and almost ignored it, but I decided to stop pumping and try to grab my phone before it went to voicemail.

Backing up about five minutes...

I left our driveway and was going to turn on my radio to listen to some music, but instead, I just began praying, "Lord, please bring Asa home and do it in a miraculous way that will bring You the glory..." We were truly feeling that there was no IBESR end in sight and had given up on getting encouraging news any time soon. But I continued to pray until I pulled into the gas station.

I grabbed the phone off my seat & didn't recognize the area code. I did, however, recognize the voice once I answered. It was our adoption agency's coordinator and she asked if I could cancel the appointment. I would not be needing the letter because our file has been SIGNED OUT OF IBESR.

The drive back home was surreal. I'm still in shock so I can't think of much more to say other than our continued & fervent prayers are with everyone in the Haitian adoption process. Our hope is that more and more of the stalled IBESR files will be signed out, that the remaining steps move quickly for everyone and that our children come home to the loving families that are waiting for them!

26 of your thoughts:

Melissa E. said...

Hip, Hip, HOOOORAAAAAY!
Wahoooooo!!!!
Yipppeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

and especially: Praise the LORD!!!!

I Know you will be on cloud nine today!!!!

Kristi said...

Oh my gosh Beth this is the best news ever - congrats and you MUST go out with the family tonight to celebrate!!! I'm so happy for you ALL!!!

Michelle said...

Praise the Lord!! He is faithful!!

Mary said...

Wonderful news!!! That is such a big step. Congratulations.

It's Gonna Be Me said...

This is the most wonderful news! Praise the Lord for His faithfulness.

Blessings to you and your family, Beth!!!

Kathy Cassel said...

Yay. (And selfishly I hope I"m next : )

Laura Lu said...

PRAISE JESUS! PRAISE JESUS! PRAISE JESUS!!!!!!!!!! Glory BE!!!!!!

Huge Congrats Hugs, Beth!!!!!!!!

Salzwedel Family said...

Woo hoo! Praise God!

AprilC said...

WOO HOO

alejandra said...

Asa is adorable! congratulations!!!

alejandra
www.adoptandoenhaiti.blogspot.com

Major Mom said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! He is going to come home! I am soooo happy for you.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful Beth!!! You have waited a LONG time for this news.

CG said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Thank you, LORD! We've all been waiting for this post for a long time!!! Now we're praying for a quick Parquet entry / exit!

Rachel said...

Praise God!!! GLORY!!!
Thank you for sharing your wonderful news!

Nadra said...

Woo, hoo!!! Praise God! This is awesome Beth. Hoping and praying that sweet Asa will be home soon.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Praies God!! What amazing news!

Sarah and Tim said...

How wonderful!!! Praising God with you!

Sarah and Tim said...

How wonderful!!! Praising God with you!

Terry said...

Wooohooo! We found out yesterday that we are out too! What a gueling 9 months that was for us. Terry

Kimmie said...

Praising God ....may His hand continue upon you and your sweet wee one. Can't wait to see Him work it all out for you. Be blessed and breath deep, God is good!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Stephanie said...

Praising God with you!!

Casey said...

Beth-
I don't know if I met you somehow while I lived in Brandon and Riverview, but you look very familiar. We started the process to adopt our two kiddos from Haiti in February of 2006 when we lived in Florida, and we brought our son and daughter home in December of 2008. This week it will be 6 months home, and it has been wonderful! I just thought it was odd that someone from Brandon was also adopting from Haiti! (We live in Charlottesville now, though.) We were saddened to hear of your pastor's death; our neighbors across the street in Brandon attended Bell Shoals.
May you experience a VERY short post-IBESR wait! MOI seems to be moving faster now, so there is hope. Email me if you have any questions or need to vent; we know the process VERY well since we adopted independently. Check out our blog for pics of our adorable Haitian sensations: www.houseworths.blogspot.com
In Him,
Casey Houseworth

tie-dyed doula said...

Gifts every day from the Lord are given-how wonderful it is when we recognize them
Shine ON!

John and Amanda said...

Can't wait to see my little nephew!! I'm still praying (it would be a miracle!) to get to see him before we leave for Amsterdam. Couldn't handle not getting to hold him for another two years...
Love, John John

Eastiopians said...

Congratulations!!! :)

Stephanie said...

I've come back to this post today in hopes of encouragement ... We have now been in for eight months and still no word about when our sons' files may be released. It is so hard.