Friday, January 15, 2010

In the Midst of Such Sorrow...

We experienced a bit of joy yesterday as we officially domesticated Asa's adoption. This basically means that, even though he was already legally our son, we now have US records of his adoption and he'll receive (what amounts to) a Florida birth certificate. He was such a good boy and loves the big bear given to him by the judge.


I know lots of my blog friends have adopted (or are in the process of adopting) from other orphanages. I pray that your organizations receive the help they need and that, somehow, adoptions are expedited to get the children out of such a dangerous situation. Word from Asa's creche is not good. The children are uninjured (praise the LORD) but the building did sustain some damage and they are running critically low on supplies and food. A large container with six months worth of food was stuck in customs before the earthquake and has now, most likely, been looted. For anyone who happens to read this and is not affiliated with another organization, Chances for Children is definitely in need of funds and any donation you can make is greatly appreciated. There is a button to donate right on their website and you can even decide how your contribution will be utilized. Thank you so much! Please continue to pray without ceasing!

8 of your thoughts:

Kathy Cassel said...

Congratulations on Asa's adoption. A bit of hope admist all this.

Kimmie said...

Congrats...our hearts are lifting up those in Haiti. God is there.

Kimmie

Kimmie said...

Hi Beth...

Hope you are doing well...

I've sent you a couple of emails...have you checked lately? Need to talk about the Orphan Dolls and sending them to the next family.

Kimmie

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

The Bergstedt's said...

Congratulations!! Enjoy the fun of the day.

Anonymous said...

After reading you blog, I thought your articles is great! I am very like your articles and I am very interested in the field of Free trial. Your blog is very useful for me .I bookmarked your blog! I trust you will behave better from now on; I hope she understands that she cannot exepct a raise.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.