Thursday, June 28, 2007

Meet Asa...

Here he is! This is our little guy, Asa. We received this single picture and some information on him over a week ago. We couldn't wait to see more. Look at that adorable profile...



He is 18 months old... in fact, his birthday is a week before Camden's (they're two years apart). Another December birthday - yikes! We have a lot in December and January. And here's another picture we received today. Don't you want to squeeze those cheeks?



He looks incredibly healthy for a toddler who was brought to the orphanage severely malnourished. From the director: "The day of his admission I was not certain he would survive this is how bad his condition was..." Which makes the American name we've chosen for him even more meaningful.

10 of your thoughts:

mommytorres said...

Beth!
I am so happy for you, Jim, Alli, Chloe, Camden & Henry that you have finally been matched with YOUR SON! He is so beautiful and has such an expressive face! And yes, I just want to squeeze his chubby cheeks! Promise me that we will get together *asap* after he comes HOME! Okay? :) We are all very anxious to meet Asa! We will continue to keep your family in our prayers.

With Love,
Amanda, Gabriel, Justin, Angelica & Jaden AKA ~*~The Torres Family~*~

Kimmie said...

Your son is beautiful-yes, an adorable profile! You must be over the moon with joy! Hope the process is quick for you-looking forward to hearing more!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Anonymous said...

Hi, Beth. Your mom sent me the link to your blog. How wonderful for you. Joan and her husband, Jared, are just beginning the process for adoption. They have one bilogical little girl (Zoe) and have just completed their training for foster to adopt. James also has one little girl (Lily). My prayers will be with you and your lovely family. What a blessing for all of you - Asa is truly beautiful.
Betsy Davis (you will remember me as Desler, not Davis!)

Beth said...

Amanda... thank you! We need to get together soon. :o)

Kimmie... thank you for stopping by! Your blog is such an encouragement to me.

Besty (I feel like I need to be calling you Mrs. Desler)... SO nice to hear from you! Tell James and Joan (that feels weird, too! I can't think of them as anything but Jamie and Joanie) HI for me! Keep me updated on her adoption.

Love,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Beth,
Your baby is beautiful and a true gift from God. ...Anything worth having is worth waiting for...we will continue to pray for your little blessing.
Love,
Mel

Kathy Cassel said...

He's so cute even with the little pouty face : ) What a blessing. And now the wait begins....

Anonymous said...

Beth, Praise the Lord that He saw fit to touch your boy with His hand of healing when Asa was brought into the orphanage! Praise the Lord for orphanages that nurse these precious children back to health!

CONGRATULATIONS, Mom! He is absolutely beautiful!!! His cheeks are just so kissable!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nadra said...

Beth...your Uncle Brad is becoming a pro at the adoption process. I'm so glad you commented on our blog. Now I can follow yours!!!

Asa is adorable and yes...I just want to kiss those chubby cheeks.

Praying for a smooth wait time for you. I know it's hard.

Nadra

Anonymous said...

Beth, He is adorable!! Gotta love those cheeks! My Sara and Jamesley have those same kissable cheeks.
I am looking forward to reading more about your journey.