Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New Pictures Of Our Asa...

Needless to say, we are aching to hold our precious baby boy. We should be receiving new pictures and updates every six weeks or so. These came at the perfect time. This afternoon, I was thinking about how much I love him without even really knowing him. What's his favorite toy? Does he enjoy cuddling? Does he like the animals they have on the orphanage grounds (a dog, a goat & chickens)? Does he get grumpy at naptime? How many teeth does he have? Then... these were in my e-mail tonight when we got home from church.


Pure. Love.

These have helped us to learn a little more about him. It looks like he might be teething, the way he's chewing on that finger (poor guy). He's absolutely gorgeous in yellow. He has a smile that just melts our hearts. And those little observations will get me through for a while. Or at least for tonight...

10 of your thoughts:

Anonymous said...

The love that we have for our children is a love that could only come from God. The moment God reveals them to us there is an instant love for them. Even before we have met them, held them, and kissed them.
And yes, he is so adorable in yellow.

Nadra said...

God certainly knows when to give us a little pick me up. Getting pictures at just the right time was great for us when we were adopting Ian. Asa is so precious. I know there are mixed feelings with new pictures...but they're so wonderful to see. Praying for you and for Asa.

Laura Lu said...

Oh, Beth! He is absolutely adorable! I love his grin...oh he is just so cute!

Anonymous said...

He is SO cute!

Kathy Cassel said...

He is adorable. I hope you'll be able to hold him in person sometime soon!

Beth said...

Thank you, everybody!

Kathy, our orphanage has a trip planned in October. Our coordinator said it's more efficient to go once we have our I-171H (I guess to file the paperwork - in person?) so when I know we'll have that in time, I'll officially sign up for the trip. They plan them every two months or so - but I want to get there ASAP. ;o)

Donna Boucher said...

What a sweet little boy!
You are all so blessed!
Blessed Pie Family....
Blessed Asa.

God is so good!

Laura Lu said...

I know exactly what you are talking about when you speak of the love you have for him. I just wanted to add that this love that we feel for our boys is such an intense and desperate sort of love. There is such a depth of longing to get them home, to get them safe, and be able to meet their needs. These longings only intensify the love the Lord has placed in our mommy hearts for our boys! It truly is a miraculous thing!!!

Beth said...

Thank you, Donna! Even though we have yet to meet him, we already feel so blessed to know he'll be with us someday.

Laura, I can only imagine how it must deepen once you hold & spend time with them. Knowing that a child, a part of our family, is missing... it can only be described as a desperate sort of love. What a great parallel to the way God must feel when we, as His children, are separated from Him!

Melissa E. said...

Absolutely precious!