Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another view...

Of our life, outside of the adoption of our sweet Asa, can be seen here. We couldn't help but think about the little guy that was missing as we enjoyed our vacation. He'll have a lot of fun with our four nephews in Harper's Ferry... so many boys! And my mom's farm was made for a bunch of grandkids.

So today, as I spent time in prayer, my plea was that Asa would be home before next summer. We can't envision another family vacation without him. Also on my heart: all the families currently adopting from Haiti - - especially the ones who have recently returned from visiting their children. I can't even imagine the emotions associated with that (although I'll soon know firsthand) but I stand with them in prayer for their precious children.

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
And in His Word I put my hope.
Psalm 130:5

4 of your thoughts:

Kathy Cassel said...

Two months out of first legal and I'm not in IBESR yet! I'd love to have mine home by next summer but...

Beth said...

Do you know what's keeping you out of IBESR? I was somewhat encouraged because it seems like they're going through a bit faster now (based on that IBESR update blog). There are so many other variables, though. :o(

Praying...

Kathy Cassel said...

They say it is just writing the social history.

Beth said...

Well, I guess things change quickly. I just read that IBESR won't be signing out any files for a while due to some sort of investigation. Hoping that once we're in - - things will be moving again.