Sunday, August 26, 2007

Updated With Pictures! Today's A Good Day...

Not only because it's Sunday and we love worshipping at our church, but because I received some wonderful information. Another mom who recently visited Asa's orphanage sent me this message:

He is a very strong and connective boy. He is always walking all around and exploring the room after he eats in the main room. He seems very confident and I had the pleasure of cuddling him in my arms as he woke up from a nap. You are so fortunate!

First, strong: this is important with our crew. Asa has a daddy & big brother who can't wait to do guy stuff with him. Connective: very good to hear since there's always a concern about attachment issues. Walking: he came to the orphanage at 17 months and couldn't even stand due to severe malnutrition so his progress amazes us. And she got to cuddle him! I'm so thankful that other parents take the time to love on everyone's kiddos while visiting the orphanage. She also said she got some pictures of him, so I'll attach them to this post when they're sent to me.

And here they are:





I was going to save these and post one a day but I couldn't resist! I had to share all of them at once. His soft curls are gone (mama's a little sad) but now he'll be extra cute in one of daddy's "onebaldgeek.com" shirts. You can see our family members sporting the stylish geek gear on our family blog (in our vacation photos). I can't wait to kiss those sweet cheeks!!

12 of your thoughts:

Tami said...

It does a mom's heart good to hear about their child when they're so far away! :) I'm glad you had the opportunity to gain this insight into your little guy! :)

Kathy Cassel said...

Awesome. What a great report.

CG said...

Oh, Asa is just gorgeous! I want to cuddle him, too. I will add you guys to my prayer list as well. Thanks so much for visiting our adoption blog. May I ask- what part of FL?

Beth said...

Mrs. Green - we're in a suburb of Tampa.

CG said...

Thanks! One more question if you don't mind- From what orphanage are you adopting Asa?

Beth said...

I e-mailed you. :o)

Donna Boucher said...

Oh wonderful to be given this gift of pictures and a wellness report!
What a blessing.

Look how cute Asa holds his little mouth :o)

Beth said...

Yes, Donna. I think sucking on his lower lip might be his trademark. He was like that in every picture. ;o)

It'll be neat to see if he's still doing it when I visit in October.

Kathy Cassel said...

Cute photos. I know what you mean about planning to post one and then posting them all! Been there! But I have over 400 from my trip: )

Melissa E. said...

So, So, So precious! What a little doll!

How long before you can bring him home? Any idea?

Beth said...

In theory, and if all went smoothly, it should take around nine months. But nothing goes smoothly in Haiti and invariably one of the different segments of the process will be having delays or will halt completely. We have no idea. We'll feel blessed if it's a year but it could be much longer. :o(

Stephanie said...

I'm feeling a little emotional tonight thinking of all that we have to do and wondering how in the world we are going to afford this adoption ... seeing your little Asa pushed me over the edge and brought tears to my eyes! He is SO beautiful. I am catching up on your adoption journey and if you don't mind, may be coming back with questions! Thank you for this window into your lives. GOD bless! - Stephanie