Friday, August 17, 2007

The Trip Is Scheduled...

And in a little over two months, I'll be meeting Asa. Jim will stay home with the kids. I've never been away from our two little ones (other than an occasional dinner and a movie) so this is very foreign to me. And I can't think of any reason - other than spending time with our youngest son - that I'd even want be apart from them. This attachment philosophy I've always valued (even back when I had Allyson at a very young age) makes it all the more difficult to know that our 19 month old isn't falling asleep cuddled up next to me every night like the other three did at that age. I'm sure once I meet him, it'll be even more heartrending.

But for now, I'm just grateful that I'll have the opportunity to spend a few days with Asa. And I'm hoping that, even if he won't have vivid memories of my visit, some imprint of the time we share will be the beginnings of a bond he'll feel to us.

6 of your thoughts:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you get to go see him. Your going to have a great time!
It was really hard for me to leave my kids and hubby. But once I was there with Sara I was fine. I wasn't ready to leave at the end of the week.

Kathy Cassel said...

Our whole family just got back from Haiti today. We had us six and our twins all together at the hotel and everyone did pretty well considering.

Beth said...

Can't wait to see your pictures, Kathy. Your group was in my prayers. How are the babies??

:o)

Beth said...

Thank you for the reassurance, Jamie. It's nice to hear other moms' experiences. :o)

Melissa E. said...

I know just what you mean! I just about never leave our children. I even home school, for goodness sakes! How can I leave them to go to Ukraine for over a MONTH?!!
Because I need to get our orphaned 'babies', that's why! I don't even have the blessing of knowing their names but I love them passionately!

I think it is like how Jesus said:
"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep!'

That's how it is for us, we'll leave our 'safe' children in safety and go and be there for the one/s who are 'lost'. In the end, all will rejoice together.--at least that's the plan! lol

Beth said...

Oh, Melissa! I've actually described it to people that way, too. :o)

You and all your little lambs will be in our prayers.