Saturday, July 28, 2007

After Eight Years Of Marriage...

I'm finally catching on to my hubby's practical jokes. I applied for my passport last Friday and the woman who helped me suggested that, to avoid worry, I should have it expedited. She said that they're taking between two and three months right now. If I paid extra (ouch) it would only be two to three weeks. We had to do the same thing when Allyson went to Brazil (the youth group had to send away for visas all together which caused a time crunch). An aside: How strange is it that my 15 year old had a passport and I didn't?

The kids and I are still at the condo on Siesta Key. Jim has been coming down in the evenings, but going home (40 minutes north) to work during the day. He called me this afternoon and here's how it went:

Jim: You're going to need to call the passport administration.
Me: WHY?!?
Jim: Well, it's obviously a mistake, but they have you on the "no fly" list. We'll have to get this cleared up.
Me: WHAT?!?
Silence.
Me: Wait a second. Did my passport come today?
Jim: Yes.
Me: Wow - that was fast.

6 of your thoughts:

Kathy Eden said...

Wow...you have a "brave" husband for trying to pull that off! Glad you were one step ahead of him :o)

Kathy Cassel said...

We leave for Haiti in less than two weeks and are short one of my son's passports. I applied in May thinking the next trip was in Nov. Then they added an Aug. trip. I called Friday and they said it's too far along in the process to expedite it! Yikes. Pray, pray, pray. We are all suppose to be going together as a family so how would I leave a 17-yr-old asperger's child home??

Beth said...

Oh, Kathy! I am praying right now that his passport arrives in time so he can meet his precious baby brother & sister - and so you can travel as a family.

Kathy Eden - "brave" is one word for it. ;o)

Tami said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I love meeting and making bloggy friends! I'll be sure to follow along on your adoption journey.
Your husband must be one BRAVE man to take his life into his own hands like that! :)

Laura Lu said...

Ok...that was so not funny! ;) Well, actually I have to admit it was little on the funny side!

Praise the Lord for bringing your passport to you! :)

Kimmie said...

NO fly...wow, I never had a friend that was such an "outlaw".

praying that you can clear it up (totally) and that they will give you the thumbs up for your passport!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted -and on the waiting list # (?) come see!