Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Question of the Day...

What size diaper would you buy for a 20 lb toddler? It's only been two years since I purchased diapers but I stood in the baby isle at Wal-Mart like I'd never diapered a tushie in my life. So I was debating between the size 3 (16-27 lbs) -OR- size 4 (22-38 lbs) . My kids used to outgrow the absorbancy before they reached the weight limit so I always bought them a bit bigger. The first pack I had in my cart for Asa was the size 4. But they looked huge - and he's tiny for his age. So after about 45 minutes of wandering the store alone (Jim, Allyson and the little ones were at home) and buying a travel alarm clock, granola bars, hair bands and some other random things, I went back and switched them for size 3's. I opened the package when I got home so I could squeeze them in every possible crevice of my luggage. They look reeeeaaaaallllly small. I guess my perspective is skewed, but they seriously look like newborn diapers. Oh, well.

The rest of the day was nice. We went to Outback for dinner and came home to find a really sweet gift by our front door. A friend had left a bag of all kinds of goodies for my trip: snacks, gum, a STARBUCKS gift card, etc... And the coolest thing: a little notebook. She had no way of knowing this, but all along, I had planned to take a small journal and I totally forgot to buy something at the store today (because, remember - I was all caught up in the complexities of diaper size determination). Thank you, Maureen!! :o)

It's time for bed. I'll be leaving mid-morning while Jim & the kids are at church. Please keep Jim in your prayers! He'll be working from home next week and, of course, Allyson (15) will be a huge help with the little kids (homeschooling is a wonderful thing). This will give her an opportunity to earn more money for her second mission trip to Brazil . ;o)

And please pray for me. I'm a little nervous but very excited! Thank you so much!!

7 of your thoughts:

Melissa E. said...

I am so happy for you and little Asa.

Anonymous said...

Size 4 for sure.

How exciting!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Kathy Cassel said...

I took 4's for my twins but then panicked when I saw them and they were 29 lbs! I was sure the diapers would be way too small but they fit fine. So 4's would probably be too big for yours. (We had some seriously bad diapers so I'm glad someone told me to take plastics to put over them!)

Safe journey! Take lots of pictures!

CG said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear the story and see the photos. Have a safe, wonderful journey!

Nadra said...

Thinking of and praying for you Beth. Can't wait to hear about your trip and that first meeting with Asa.

Blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time with your baby!

Laura Lu said...

Can't wait to see pics of that precious little boy in his mama's arms!!!! Yay...your trip is finally here!!!