Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Wow! Praise God!

We had mentioned to our Bible Fellowship (a.k.a. Sunday School) class that I would be taking supplies down to the orphanage and lots of people expressed an interest in helping out. I printed off a list of the items that are usually needed such as formula, medications, office supplies, etc... I've been amazed at all the donations we've received. My wonderful in-laws even brought us four cases of Pediasure. Trisha sent a box full of things, along with pictures for her baby girl. And now, I have the privilege of taking down two suitcases full of supplies when I go! We're allowed one carry-on (which will hold my personal belongings) and two checked bags @ 50 lbs each. I may exceed the weight limit for a checked bag because the formula, baby wipes and Pediasure are heavy. What a great problem to have! I think they'll allow up to 75 lbs each for an additional fee so all the items will make it down to the orphanage.

Please pray that I'll be able to manage all this luggage in the airports. It's bulky and heavy but it's a burden I'm thrilled to carry! Thank you to everyone who has so generously given to this endeavor and thank you for the prayers and encouragement we receive.

I can't express enough the ways in which God has provided since we began this adoption process. Not only has He met all of our adoption related needs, His provisions have far exceeded anything we could have imagined. I have said this to so many people but want to say it again for anyone who is reading this and is considering adoption:

God will provide what you need to bring orphans into your family. Step out in faith. The Bible says that "He places the lonely in families..." HE does this. We simply need to be the willing vessels that He'll use.

6 of your thoughts:

Kathy Cassel said...

Last time all six of us went on the trip so we were allowed up to 12 checked bags. We only took 7 or so but everyone also had two carry on items. Whew!!! We were full! The real challenge was getting everyone and everything into our SUV for the 10-12 hours drive to Miami!

Major Mom said...

Yeah Beth! What a wonderful "problem" to have. I cannot wait to hear all about your trip.

Melissa E. said...

Oh! What a joy it will be to arrive bearing gifts!

Kathy Cassel said...

When do you go?

Beth said...

I leave for Miami Sunday after church & our group will meet that evening for dinner. Then we fly out Monday morning and return Thursday. :o)

Kathy Cassel said...

So close! You must be getting really excited. Have a safe trip and we will all look for tons of pictures when you get back!