Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Comfort Food...

I'm thinking that the late-night-hot-fudge-banana-splits-with-lots-of-whipped-cream aren't the best idea ever. Especially if you (meaning me) have gained ten pounds in one year. It has to be adoption related. Or maybe it's because I'm thirty-something. I've heard that you have to work harder to keep weight off after 30. It could be a combination of the fact that I'm adopting and in my (early-ish) thirties.

If you're adopting or have adopted - can you relate? Do you have cravings? Or find some comfort in a pint of Häagen-Dazs? A plate of loaded nachos? I'm eating for two - the problem is that my baby is in Haiti.


J - if you happen to read this in the morning (you freakish early riser)... could you please get me up at 6:00 am so we can hit the gym? Thanks! xoxo

5 of your thoughts:

Kathy Cassel said...

Those pictures are so sinful : ) And now I'm craving nachos!!!

Terry said...

I've gained weight too. I think it has to do with (for me anyway) my obessesive/compulsive need to find any and all information about Haiti adoption and sitting on my behind, on the computer, instead of MOVING. hehehe... It's time I get on that elipticle on my porch and start peddling!

I do eat more while I sit... too much time sitting = too much eating... Terry

Melissa E. said...

Those nachos really do look good!

I tried the "I'm eating for four" excuse but all it got me was tight pants!

Nate & Kristi said...

Oh my word those look wonderful. Can I please come live with you and eat all of that good stuff...I will be dreaming about that banana split for the rest of the day!!

alejandra said...

Hi! I am alejandra, I am adopting in haiti too, in ROTH.
and I am gaining weight. my psycologist told me it is because adoption it´s like being pregnant, so it´s normal to gain weight....

here in argentina it´s summer, and I had just eaten 1/2 kilo of icecream!!!!