Thursday, March 20, 2008

Can't Think Of A Title For This One... ;o)

We've been hearing, what could be, some positive news out of Haiti. Hopefully that means I'll be sharing some positive news here soon!

I'm excited about the possibility of actually giving a happy report when people ask how the adoption is going. So many people say to us, "You must be getting him soon, right?" It seems like we should be. Most people who know about our adoption remember when we began the process over a year ago. The first five months were spent doing a lot of work here in the US for our dossier. It went to Haiti last August and has been in IBESR (Haitian Social Services) for six months now. This is really just the first of four significant portions of the Haitian adoption process. The first. Even without the weird variables that are common in Haiti, we're still many, many months from bringing Asa home. We're not even close. And it makes out hearts hurt.

There are times when I think I could handle the wait even longer if I had absolute confidence that he would be home and that I actually knew the day.... even if it was one year or eighteen months away. If I had a specific date on the calendar and could count down, it would be hard, but there would be a definite finish line. With Haitian adoptions, it's possible not to even see the finish line until a few days before your child is to come home.

And then I remember that we are to walk by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). It's not faith if we know the ending (duh, Beth, look at the title of your own blog). I know that God is doing work in us while we wait and it's very possible that it'll be many years before we fully understand the value of what He was teaching us. I'm fairly certain that He's preparing us to be the very best parents we can be to this amazing little boy. And he's absolutely worth it!!







By the way, if you have an adoption blog and would like to be added to my list on the right.... please leave a comment with the address. And if I have your blog listed and you'd rather it not be there... let me know! :o)

6 of your thoughts:

AprilC said...

Beth, hoping the news is true and we will both be posting positive thoughts soon!

Melissa E. said...

Fingers Crossed....

Nate & Kristi said...

Aww Beth I love his bald litle head!! He is so cute!

Kathy Cassel said...

I hope it's good news for both ibesr and parquet. If we release from one and then speed right through the other, that would be wonderful!

Kathy Cassel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CG said...

Praying for you Beth! & walking by faith with you, too. It is QUITE tough, but in the end it will be so worth it!