Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Five Least Favorite Letters...

So what does the acronym "IBESR" mean? Here's what those dreaded letters don't mean.

I
Believe
Everyone
Should
Riot

Maybe if all the adoptive parents just stormed the office or had a sit-in or something, they'd sign us out? What about blasting loud, annoying music into the office? I've heard that works in hostage situations. What kind of music do you suggest? I'd say polka or Judas Priest. Little known fact about my hubby: he and his brothers snuck out of the house to see a Judas Priest concert when they were teenagers.

It
Beats
Eating
Soggy
Rutabagas

I don't believe I've ever had a rutabaga. Parsnips and turnips, yes.

Is
Beth
Ever
Suspicious of
Railroad tracks?

Yep. They are actually one of my few phobias. I had a friend in middle school who was a child actress. I watched her in a made-for-tv-movie with Jane Fonda called The Dollmaker. There's a scary scene with a train (I won't go into details because it's just too troubling) and it scarred me life.

If
Burping
Excessively
Suggests
Reflux, then I need some Prevacid.

(not really)

Actually, it's the:

Institut du
Bien
Etre
Social et
Recherches

In English, the Institute of Social Well-Being and Research. And I'm going to be forced to post more stupid things like this if we don't get out soon. It's crazy.

13 of your thoughts:

AprilC said...

Would love to riot with you! Is it comforting knowing that your crazy new adoptive friends there for your!!

Kathy Cassel said...

Funny!!!!!

Sarah and Tim said...

silly post, yes, fun to read, yes, praying you are out soon, YES!!! Hang in there, and thanks for the entertainment!

Melissa E. said...

It seems like the last one is the funniest! Maybe what they're searching is how long it takes people to go crazy waiting!
The social well-being part is what gets me.


Oh, I hope you get out soon!

I'd
Be
Extra
Sick of this
Run-a-round!

Nate & Kristi said...

Oh Beth, this is a very funny post but I'm feeling your pain! I would riot with you too just let me know when and where!! :)

PS: Rutabagas are a really disgusting nasty thing but I still would eat them soggy and even pretent to like it if you could get out of IBESR tomorrow.

Kathy Cassel said...

I so agree with Melissa e's!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are hysterical!!! I do hope you hear good news soon!!!! I need to remember to pray for all of you still waiting!!1

Major Mom said...

Oh Beth...I am so sorry it is taking so long. What music did they use on the Branch Davidians, wasn't it like Ac/Dc or something?

Terry said...

Yipeeee!!! Let storm the gates!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CG said...

Loved this post. The first one is my favorite! I would love to join the riot. It would feel good just to yell at someone- even a tree.

Anonymous said...

Great work.

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat downloads[/URL], You are far from alone if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or little-understood avenues to generate an income online.