Friday, April 11, 2008

Waiting For Asa...

I missed seeing his little face, so here's a picture from my December trip. There's just nothing that can prepare you for all the emotions associated with a Haitian adoption. We don't have any type of estimated time frame at this point. Even with the whole IBESR/Parquet dispute out of the equation, we're dealing with a very unstable country that can erupt into rioting, causing government offices to close.

Some days are hopeful and I feel like things could be speeding up. Maybe he will be home in the fall! There are other days when I get the feeling that I could be sitting here this time next year - posting pictures of my son who is still in Haiti.






10 of your thoughts:

CG said...

It's SO hard, Beth. I know just how you feel. Some businesses are reopening. Hopefully the government offices won't be far behind! I'm still praying for an April IBESR exit for you!

Sarah and Tim said...

I feel the same as you, hoping he will be home this year, but could have to wait until next! This is a very upsetting situation!

Melissa E. said...

I have been seeing the news and thinking of you all waiting for your little ones... and of all the little ones waiting for their families!

I hope that the unrest will speed things up by drawing attention to Haiti and giving press to situations like yours that are influenced by this current system.

Not that all things are good, but we know that in all things (even the bad things) God works for the good of those who love Him and are called to his purpose!

He is a great "lemonade-maker" (you know the saying, "When life gives you lemons...") and works through situations like this to bring even more wonderful things to pass than we had hoped. In our weakness, he is strong.

Praying for you!

Kathy Cassel said...

It doesn't seem like they will ever come home at this point. Right now we are just keeping busy and going on with life and trying not to think how long it will be or that we'll have another Christmas without them.

Kimmie said...

Hi Beth;

Yup, adoptions and vacuums, I love them both...wondering why?

Well, I am thankful for the Dyson *vacuum...while I wait on this adoption (Guatemala..shut down...not trying to get ready for Ethiopia)...anyhow, the vacuum brings immediate satisfaction...plug it in, suck up the dirt...immediate GRATIFICATION. Adoptions: wait, pray, wait, cry, pray, cry, wait, try not to think about it...anyhow, there is nothing immediate about adoptions...but the gratification certainly is richer when it does finally arrive.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Terry said...

I feel your pain.

I'm waiting too :-(

Terry

Kristi said...

Beth- I can hardly resist his cheeks! They are so kissable!

Anonymous said...

He is precious. I do hope things start speeding up!!!

junglemama said...

He is so cute. I am waiting for our guy to come home too. The wait is so hard. But I know that our guy will come home. I am filled with hope and faith in our God.

Rachel said...

((((beth))))
I'm so sorry for your pain and praying for strength and patience.