Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Butter... Parkaaaayyyy...

Found out today that we've definitely been submitted into Parquet. I'm not sure when we went in, but should get the exact date with our next monthly report. I do know that we won't get OUT until a they receive a few additional documents for our file. I finally received those today - they'll be translated by a friend and should be headed down to Haiti next week. We're hearing that Parquet is going a bit more smoothly, but now, files are being held up in Second Legal. I don't even think I could make an educated guess as to when we'll be out due to all the variables (and in Haiti, even the variables vary from one day to the next).

I tried to find the old Parkay commercial from when I was little because that's what I always think of when someone says "Parquet." This was the closest thing I could find. ;o)

7 of your thoughts:

Kristi said...

Ahhhh haha that's in spanish ---- bla bla bla PARKAYYYY!!!! I totally know what you're thinking because that's what I hear too. Parkayyyy Light!!!

Salzwedel Family said...

Hooray for parquet!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'll bet your little Asa-Lovin' heart is beating ten times faster now! Every step is a step closer!

I am so exited for you all!!

Anonymous said...

Is Parkay the 2nd step?

Sally

Beth said...

Sally, Parkay is a type of margarine. It's often used on toast, and even on potatoes that have been deceptively repackaged by large southern grocery store chains. If you have further questions, I can refer you to my supervisor (as I am only a lowly assistant).

Anonymous said...

Beth,

I think I am parkay too!! I am so excited we are going thru this together!

Sally

Dawn S. said...

That is hilarious! I think of the same thing when I hear it..so the commercials worked since all these years later we are still thinking about Parkay!! Congrats! Hang in there!