Friday, August 22, 2008

Our Sweet Little Boy...


Is in an orphanage right now and has no idea how loved he is. Asa needs us and we need him. Haiti is only a little over two hours away by plane and that fact, if I dwell on it long enough, truly breaks my heart.

Last summer, we thought he'd be home by now. Early this year, we thought for sure he'd be here in time for Christmas. Right now, I would like to think that it'll be early 2009. But in all honesty - we just don't know. Here's the timeline thus far:

  • Decided we would someday adopt from Haiti - summer 2000
  • "We're really doing this..." picked agency - February 2007
  • Homestudy - March 2007
  • Matched with Asa - June 2007
  • Dossier sent to Haiti - August 2007
  • File enters IBESR - September 21st, 2007
  • My first trip to Haiti - October 2007
  • My second trip to Haiti - December 2007
  • Files exits IBESR - May 28th, 2008
  • File enters Parquet - June 2008
  • My third trip to Haiti - July 2008
  • File exits Parquet - August 2008
  • File enters Second Legal - August 2008
  • Fouth Haiti Trip scheduled - October 2008 (wooo-hoooo!!)

Since we still have a significant wait ahead (Second Legal, MOI and USCIS) I'll be making another trip in October - exactly one year from my first visit. Super excited about seeing my boy again & giving him lots of love. Not at all looking forward to the goodbye. :o(

10 of your thoughts:

Kathryn said...

It breaks my heart that the adoption process is so bound with legalism. You, Asa, and your entire family remain in my thoughts and prayers. I do pray that the Lord is filling little Asa's heart with the knowledge of your love for him!

"God sets the lonely in families ..." (Psalm 68:6)

CG said...

What a blessing that you'll be able to visit him again so soon. I am still praying he'll be home by Christmas! I am sorry for your aching heart. It's a dreadful kind of pain.

Rachel said...

I have been so busy at work lately that I haven't had time to comment on my favorite blogs like I would have liked to but no that I continue to click on and check you blog for updates and pray needs. I can't wait to click on and she that first picture of sweet boy at home where he belongs!

Kimmie said...

Someday you will look back on this and it will seem so in a distance...it is so hard when you are waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Praying for you...you are a very strong woman. I can't imagine the 'saying good-bye parts' that you've already done too many times.

hugs and prayers...soon God, Soon!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Anonymous said...

Heart-wrenching, Beth. I wish there were an easier way!

I don't know if Asa will ever be able to understand how fortunate he is that you all care so deeply for him to spend all this time, money, effort and love on bringing him into a loving home. I am sure he's fairly happy where he is. And like us Christians here on earth, he doesn't know the Heaven that is waiting for him when he has a real family!

God bless you all and your little Asa.

Kathy Cassel said...

Maybe the rest will go faster. We are still stuck in parquet with no idea of what will happen with parquet now : (

Isaiah40:31 said...

hang in there, Beth, he'll be home before you know it.

Thank you for your comment. Nothing could have encouraged me more than to hear someone is reading and encouraged by my fumbling words.
:)

Isaiah40:31 said...

hang in there, Beth, he'll be home before you know it.

Thank you for your comment. Nothing could have encouraged me more than to hear someone is reading and encouraged by my fumbling words.
:)

Terry said...

Boy, do I know how you feel. We aren't even out of Parquet yet. Dossier has been in Haiti since May 2007....sometimes it's so discouraging...I thought for sure Asher would be home by now...Terry

Anonymous said...

I hope the last part of it goes quickly.

Sorry I have not been by.

All things Haiti are still really hard for me.