Saturday, August 16, 2008

Monthly Report...

We received our update for the month of July. These reports are written up by the preschool teacher, Mr. John, and give us a tiny glimpse of what's been going on with our Asa Mack over the previous month. Here are a few highlights:

  • Behavior: very gentle
  • Mood/Emotion: very happy
  • Other General Changes in last month: This little boy is getting very active and interesting. He plays with his mates fairly.

It also said that he had the chicken pox right before I visited. I knew it had been going around - and a lot of the other toddlers were still covered in calamine lotion while I was there. He didn't seem to have any evidence of recent scabs or even scars so it must have been a fairly mild case. Two down, two to go. Allyson had the pox when she was six, but Chloe and Camden have not. I prefer that my kiddos receive natural & lifelong immunity by actually catching the chicken pox since they are healthy kids (not immune-compromised in any way). I think this is one of the childhood illnesses that actually helps to boost the immune system in the long-run. They haven't been exposed yet, though...

I think I'm finally starting to come out of the post-Haiti funk. I am still missing Asa terribly but we've been trying to stay busy with fun family activities (the kids and I are working on a silly project) and preparing for our (home) school year. Jim and I even have a little get-away planned for just us next weekend. That's something we have not done since before the two littles were born and something we will not be doing for quite some time once Asa comes home. ;o)

4 of your thoughts:

Tifanni said...

What a sweet picture. Shaking the Haiti funk is so hard to do. Have fun on the get-away :)

Kathy Cassel said...

He is precious. I am panicing here because we were caught in dispense and now we are in parquet with this stuff about Gassant going on : ( Pray that they keep signing files out anyway!

Kristi said...

Ohhh those cheeks ~ I could just scoop him up and smooch him! So cute!

E-S said...

I know about the coming home from Haiti FUNK! It took me 2 weeks to crawl out of bed and 3 weeks to come out of it. It's pretty surprising how it side swipes you completely! emma
www.haitiadoptions.blogspot.com