Monday, November 10, 2008

What We're Reading...

The Connected Child by Dr. Karyn Purvis. I had seen this book recommended on quite a few adoption and attachment websites so Jim ordered it a few weeks ago. So far, it seems very informative, practical and in-line with many of our existing parenting philosphies.

I was pleased to find a radio interview with the author and thought it might be helpful for other adoptive parents. The interview is an hour long - I listened to it while folding laundry.

Upon finding this interview, I was browsing the other programs in the series relating to adoption and found one focusing on todder adoption, which I enjoyed listening to, as well.

3 of your thoughts:

Kathy Cassel said...

I started Attachment in Adoption TWICE but didn't get far. It's so technical. Maybe I'll try this one.

Mary said...

Reading this right now also... I have to say that I like it a lot. Some of the other books I have read on toddler adoption seem so depressing. This one is just right to the point and encouraging.

Kelsen Family said...

This is a great book! I have found it helpful with both of our adoptions.