Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back To Work...

I think this is the day that many of the Haitian offices reopen. I read on another orphanage's blog that some offices were working with a limited staff over the holidays - it would be nice if the passport office was one of them. We're assuming it'll be a few more weeks before we get news, though.

Christmas break kept us busy. We were finishing up Asa's US immigration forms, as well as compiling the current support documentation that they require to issue his visa. One funny/frustrating thing is that, at the same time, we were also working on Allyson's visa application for Brazil. She'll be going on her third mission trip to Curitiba over spring break and their visa application process has become more complex with each passing year. It was soooo nice to be able to just mail everything off and be done with paperwork.... for a while.

Now that the offices are open, I'm eager to start reading great news on everyone's blogs! :o)

4 of your thoughts:

Kathy Cassel said...

I didn't know there were more forms! Are tehy the I 600 forms or something else?

Do you know if our homestudies have to be current to get their visas?

Beth said...

Kathy, there are a few forms that I'm sure your agency/orphanage will give you as you get closer. Ours sends them out when families get into MOI, just so they can begin working on them.

My understanding (what I've been told by our coordinator and the local immigration contact here in Tampa) is that once you sign the 1-600, it takes the place of your 1-600A. The 1-600 will be renewed by your reps in Haiti (if you signed it there) every time it is about to expire. The only reason you would need a current homestudy is if your 1-600A needs renewal (if you hadn't signed the 1-600 yet).

You may want to check with FHG just to make sure they don't suggest something else.

ts said...

I remember the moment I found out we had A's passport, I was in shock and then walked around with a huge smile that just would not stop. I can't wait to hear your good news-soon!!
You guys are so close. Its amazing how healthy Asa's looks now, I remember picking him up last year and he was so tiny and still, now he looks like a totally vibrant kiddo.
Tamia
http://designermama-manaallamano.blogspot.com/

AT said...

i stumbled upon your blog and wanted to send a note that your family is certainly in my prayers. i have been visiting haiti since 2004 and am just beginning the adoption process. i am so excited and apprehensive for the journey.

many blessings