Friday, January 23, 2009

It Was Issued!

We had been waiting all week and I'd given up hope, thinking it was just to late to receive any type of news. But at 9:56 pm Friday night, I saw the e-mail as it entered my in-box!! Asa has a passport! And we are elated!!

Our documents will now be sealed by foreign affairs and, in about a week, they will be submitted to USCIS (US immigration) for approval. Once approved (we're not quite sure how long that will take) a visa appointment is scheduled at the consulate and the actual visa will be issued a few days after that. We are praying for a smooth process and a quick visa approval. Since many C4C families are on the verge of traveling, they are now scheduling group pick-up trips to make it easier on the creche staff. Our fervent prayer is, and has always been, that Asa will come home in God's perfect timing - and of couse, our desire is that his visa will be issued in time for the next trip.

13 of your thoughts:

A Blessed Life said...

How exciting to be this close!

Lena Just Lena said...

Praise God!!!

Chris, Laura and Renee said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes! Congrats! I'm praying that all goes smoothly.

Sarah and Tim said...

So Awesome!!!

The Bergstedt's said...

Congratulations and PTL!!! We are praying for a quick visa and for Asa to be home soon.

Kathy Cassel said...

Yay! You can go first and find out what we need : ) I e-mailed homeland security in Jax and never heard back.

CG said...

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! Praise God! I can't wait to see the little man at home! Will keep on praying...

Tracy said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Can't wait to read all about your journey to pick Asa up!!

John and Amanda said...

Hup Asa, Hup!

Kristi said...

Yes!!! Congrats again and a million more times. USCIS is going to breeze by and he'll be home before you know it. Yessss! :-)

Melissa E. said...

WOW! It is getting so close and I am so excited for you all that I know you must be bursting at the seams with excitement!

I can't wait to hear that you are on your way to pick up your son and bring him home! HOORAY!

Major Mom said...

Oh WOW!!! That is so awesome. I hope this wait is SHORT!!

Kimmie said...

Oh, I can't tell you how this blesses my heart. Yesterday, as I was praying for you, I asked the Holy Spirit to show You that He indeed was working on Asa's behalf (and yours) that we would see something tangable.

Tears fill my eyes...I am so happy for you.

bless you my sweet friend...we rejoice with you!

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted