Friday, January 30, 2009

Well...

I'm not sure how much information we'll be getting at this point. Right now, we seem to be in the gap between receiving a passport and entering US immigration (USCIS). We were told to expect at least a week of lag time and haven't heard, yet, if the file has actually been submitted to USCIS. My hope is that we have been and just don't know it yet. ;o)

In the meantime, I've been compiling a list of things we need and need to do before our Asa comes home. I actually purchased some clothes for him online, which made my heart flutter with excitement. I haven't found the perfect homecoming outfit for him yet, though. We might wait and do that as a way to celebrate immigration approval (since that will give us a better idea of when he'll be home and what the weather will be like).

Thank you for all the wonderful and sweet comments on our passport news. It's amazing to be able to share this process with so many supportive friends! We are so grateful for your continued prayers. We're still hoping for the possibility of being on a particular pick-up trip and will certainly be updating the blog as we get more information. Have a fantastic weekend!

9 of your thoughts:

Kristi said...

I can give you the forecast for weather in Florida - Warm - Tropical Climate - expect frost one night every 10 years - dress in shorts and flip flops.

Hope that helps!!

Just kidding - I saw you posted and I got a little excited. 2/20 is your number girl :-)I'm pullin' for your whole fam!!!

CG said...

Every time I see in my feed reader that you've posted something my heart skips a little!

Hey, Kristi said something very similar. Oh well. :)

I am super duper excited and can't WAIT to hear more news. Thanks for keeping us updated! Come on home, Asa. We're ready for you!

Stephanie said...

This is sooo exciting. I am very happy for you!

Tifanni said...

Yeah-What fun to know your almost there :)

Kimmie said...

Seriously rejoicing with you sister. I am elated at your families good news on Asa finally FINALLY coming home. My heart just weeps with you at God's answer to PRAYER!

LOVE YOU!
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Melissa E. said...

I am the same as the others, each new post makes me read eagerly hoping for THE NEWS! Soon! Still Praying...

dreamingBIGdreams said...

so happy for you! I just found your blog tonight and I can't wait to keep following it and see when you get that visa and your baby is coming home!
:)jamie

Kelsen Family said...

Beth.. it is getting closer!! I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to see those homecoming pictures!!

Amanda said...

Congrats!!!! I hope it happens before you know it!!!