Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fun With Pronouns

Asa calls himself Asa. He doesn't use "I" or "me" yet. Jim's attempt to teach him "I" sounded a bit like the Who's on First routine.

ASA: Asa wants more.
PAPA: Asa, say "I want more."
ASA: Papa wants more.
PAPA: (cracking up) Nooooo. Not me... you. Say "I want more."
ASA: You want more.
CAMDEN: (chimes in) Asa, don't say "Asa," just say "I want more."
ASA: Camden wants more.

Then, we had this exchange in the pool today.

ASA: Asa is a dolphin.
MOMMY: Asa, can you say "I am a dolphin?"
ASA: Mommy is a dolphin!

I knew where it was going and just gave up.... I was laughing too hard.

6 of your thoughts:

CG said...

Haha, too cute!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! He'll get it after a while. Take a look at my blog please. Also I have on on African orphans for my friends.
http://apohorphans.blogspot.com
http://garlicmom.blogspot.com

God bless!

Melissa E. said...

Haha! funny! Hope you're getting lots of video of this stage. It goes by fast and then it is GONE!

Kimmie said...

Too funny. I had a niece who spoke in third person...it really cracked us up. She grew up not only to be wise, but also has a very dry sense of humour about her.

bless you as you laugh.
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Kimmie said...

BETH!!

Can you send me an email...
kimmie28@gmail.com

thanks!

Kimmie

Lori said...

He's so very sweet! It's fun to hear everyone's adventures as they finally get their babies home!