Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our Son...


  • Says "Mama, mama.... ummmm, mama? Mama! Mama..." before he tells me anything. Even if I'm looking right at him and he has my full attention, he must say "mama" no less than eight times before telling me what he wants to say. Very cute. Usually.
  • Asks "What's this?" or "What's that?" when he sees anything he can't verbally identify in English. Once we tell him, he repeats it once and often remembers a few days later.
  • Separates phrases with "ummmm...." [then smacks his lips] when telling us long stories.
  • Asks "What'dya doin?" when he wonders what we're doing. Or, when it's obvious what we're doing, he still asks like this, "What'dya doin mom? Cookin?" which is super adorable.

4 of your thoughts:

Lori said...

I'm so excited that he's picked up English so quickly. We just got an English teacher at our O last fall. The Jan trip, the older kids had only been exposed to English for a few months but they already were doing pretty well, all things considered. Now they've had another 6 months with it and I'm very excited to see how they're doing with it now. Only 3 more days until we leave!!

Melissa E. said...

Our Misha likes to ask the obvious as well! It's annoying to me but then, he's almost eight! Haha! But....Ummm...it is fun to hear them practice new phrases, isn't it?!

Kimmie said...

So cute...love the mmmmm and the eight Mamas. I know you are drinking it in, as I remember how eager you were to get him in your arms...so glad he is now. forever.

thanks for sharing!
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Gretchen said...

Your baby boy is just so beautiful! I can not wait to bring home my sweet one.

I have pics of her on my blog...
www.ourjourneytotheeast.blogspot.com