Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday Prayers & A Huge Milestone...

In my post from last Monday, I mentioned that anyone who feels led can post a comment with their particular requests (adoption related or otherwise) so we can have the privilege of lifting them up in prayer. I'm a little late getting to it this week since we're back on Siesta Key and have been enjoying the island most of the day (plus - the internet has been unpredictable). Not only that, but this evening - We drove to a FedEx in Sarasota and sent off our dossier!!! Yes, it came with us to the beach. We figured our dossier needed a vacation, too. ;o) Actually, our copier at home ran out of toner so we had to bring it down to finish up some copying before sending it off. A few months ago, it was hard to even imagine this day arriving! But here it is. And how appropriate that it's on this day we've set aside to pray for Haiti.

Today is definitely a day of thanksgiving!! Our dossier is gone, we received out I-171H last week and plans are being made for my trip to visit Asa in October!! We're continuing to pray for our sweet little boy and are now praying for the paperwork that will be in Haiti soon. We're lifting up the Haitian government and anyone in a position of influence over all the adoptions that are yet to take place.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

6 of your thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Praise God!!!

Laura Lu said...

Yeeehhhhaaawwwww, Beth!!!!

Breathe deep...ah, feel that...that is the feeling of knowing there is nothing else you can do but pray!!!! Ahhhh!!!!!

Glad your dossier had a little vacation before it started it's journey into "never-never land"! :)

CONGRATS!!!!!

Beth said...

Thank you!!

I was so tempted to take pictures of the big FedEx box doing different vacation things - on a beach towel in the sand, by the pool with a good book... I was afraid Jim (and onlookers) would think I was losing my mind. But hey, this thing as become an entity of its own after all the work that's gone into it. ;o)

Kathy Cassel said...

Wow. How cool that the dossier is out of your hands. May it fly on wings right through the process in Haiti!

Kathy Eden said...

Praise God!!! I remember the huge feeling of relief when I sent our dossier off. I stand with you in prayer regarding the Haitian adoption process. Blessings to you!

Melissa E. said...

I, too, remember that! It was so hard to hand it over to the guy behind the FedEx counter (who I'm sure thought we were a couple of nuts for having three kids and both video and still cameras to record mailing a package!)and to write in it's worth as $0 when in fact, it was pricelss!

Congratulations!