Thursday, July 19, 2007

An Answered Prayer...

We're home from the beach for a few days. We have some church activities this weekend and are doing the massive amount of copying required for the completion of our dossier. Just wanted to share something amazing that happened today...

Our orphanage has a family trip scheduled for October. Jim and I decided that I would go & he'd stay home with the kiddos. This thrilled me because I can't wait to meet our precious boy! But another important part of the trip is filing some immigration paperwork in person down in Haiti. Since we don't know if/when we'll get to go back, it's pretty important that we have the necessary immigration approval to take down. Well, we didn't have it yet. But I have to commit to the trip soon. So today, I e-mailed the Department of Homeland Security's local office to see if they could give me an estimate on our approval. What I received was a form letter saying that, based on our receipt number, it would be two and a half to four months. I was crushed. It could arrive before the trip, but there is no guarantee. I e-mailed our adoption coordinator and told her that I should probably just plan for the following trip (which would be December at the earliest). The sadness and disappointment hovered over me for most of the afternoon. I prayed that it would work out somehow but didn't feel much hope.

It stormed, as is typical here this time of year. I didn't bother to go out to get the mail because it was wet and I didn't expect anything of significance. When it cleared up and I went to the mailbox, guess what was there?!? THE IMMIGRATION PAPERS WE NEEDED. Amazing.

3 of your thoughts:

Nadra said...

Yay!!! God is so good. He knows exactly what we need.

I'm thrilled for you Beth. Can't wait to see pictures of you and Asa together in Haiti. I'll continue praying for you guys.

Blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so totally AWESOME!!! Praise the Lord God Almighty! The One who we serve!!!!

I can't wait to see you and Asa cheek to cheek! :)

Oh, I can't tell you how incredibly excited I am about what God did to bring you those papers!!! Thank you, Jesus, for doing this for my friend, Beth!

Beth said...

Nadra... thank you so much! It's so comforting to know that people are praying - we are for your growing family, as well. Your Ian is adorable!!

Laura, thank you, too! I was blown over when we got receieved the approval that I didn't expect for at least two more months. It taught me two things...

1) Form letters from government agencies can't always be trusted.
- and -
2) God's bigger than all of this, anyway.

I'm getting so excited about the trip.

:o)