Monday, July 16, 2007

Prayer Mondays...

Posting from lovely Siesta Key...

Recently, I've learned (through a yahoo group) that a number of families adopting from Haiti have designated Mondays as a day of prayer and fasting. I was thrilled to hear this since I had been thinking how beneficial the unity of joining with others in prayer & personal sacrifice would be for us, our children & the process in general. While I'm certain that God hears and answers the prayers of an individual... imagine the power in the collective prayers of many!

So even though we keep all these things in our prayers daily, I hope to post every Monday - and anyone who feels led can post a comment with their particular requests so we can have the privilege of lifting them up.

Today, we're so thankful that we are in the homestretch. We should have our consulate authentications back tomorrow and then it's just a matter of compiling the dossier (making eight copies of everything). So we're praying that it will move as planned. As always, we're praying that little Asa's emotional and physical needs are being met in the orphanage and for the hearts and souls of his caretakers.

God Bless! Have a wonderful Monday!

9 of your thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see others are fasting and praying with us on Mondays. It truly blesses me!

Please pray for a birth certificate for our daughter Annika to come through so we can enter IBESR.

Thank you. I will be praying as you collect your docs. I know how trying of a time that is!

Beth said...

Thank you so much for letting everyone know about your commitment to prayer and fasting so that we can join with you!! :o)

Praying for Annika's birth certificate.

Ah Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for Thee... Jeremiah 32:17

He made the heavens and the earth and can bring about a birth certificate for his sweet creation, Annika.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Beth, I missed this yesterday...but I am so glad that you will be joining in on the fasting, praying, petioning the Lord, and storming the Gates of Heaven on Mondays!!! Powerful things happen on Mondays...sometimes it will be a fierce spiritual battle, but many times it will be the one thing that we have been praying for. God is using this to stretch me and grow me in amazing ways!!! He is VICTORIOUS!!!! He hears our every prayer and is moving on our behalves!!!

Beth said...

Hi Laura! :o)

Changes need to take place in Haiti... our kids (and so many others) need to come home. I truly believe that, in fervently praying for these things, our faith will be deepened because God will be working on us, too. And we don't really even know what His purpose is, yet. It reminds me of some lyrics from "My Desire"...

All my life I have seen
Where You've taken me
Beyond all I have hoped
And there's more left unseen...

I knew that, on some level, adoption would also be a spiritual journey. But the ultimate goal, initially (when we began talking about it seven years ago) was to adopt a child. We've come to realize there's more. And meeting others who share our desire is edifying! :o)

Out Of Jersey said...

May God make the road smooth and clear for you. He's a handsome little guy and I can tell he's going to be a handful, in the good sense. A woman at my church adopted a little boy from Russia and he jumped right in like he was always a part of the family.

Beth said...

Thank you so much, Cubicle Reverend. :o)

lori shepler - said...

i just found your blog, but loved reading it & can't wait to hear more!!

lori (http://fromourbunchtoyours.blogspot.com/)

Beth said...

Hi Lori! I just checked yours out & realized I *know* you (well, not really, but I'm pretty sure I've seen your blog and kids before through said yahoo group). Your parents ar also adopting from Haiti, right?

:o)

lori shepler - said...

yes, they're now adopting a 14y girl (madisyn) & madisyn's 6y sister loudnie's being adopted by my sister in law & her hubby!!