Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday, Blog!

Yesterday was blog's first birthday....

The decision was made and it was finally time to begin the adoption that had been on our hearts for almost seven years. We had already found an agency and were awaiting the news about our approval to adopt from Haiti. I could hardly contain the excitement that was welling up in my soul; our family was going to grow! It was a Thursday and Chloe had her weekly violin lesson - I sat in the music school's newly remodeled waiting area. The cozy little café now had WiFi, so I brought my laptop along to pass the time.

We knew that the adoption would be a lengthy process and wanted some way in which to chronicle all the steps it would take to bring our child home. I also wanted a spot to post current information on the adoption so friends and family could stay updated. So, as I sipped my coffee and listened to one of my favorite Jeremy Camp CDs on the laptop, the blog was born. And giving it a name was easy! As we prepared for the process, we knew that each step would be by faith and not by sight.

A wonderful, yet unexpected, aspect to starting the blog has been "meeting" so many amazing people who are also adopting - some from Haiti, some from other countries. I have to say it's been one of the most rewarding aspects! You see, not too many people can relate to all the emotions involved with international adoption. There are a lot of highs and a ton of lows. There's more waiting than anything else. It's cathartic to pass the time by writing and reading about the adoption experience. So THANK YOU to all of those who have contacted me, left comments or sent encouraging notes! And thank you to everyone who shares all their experiences on their own blogs, too! It's such a blessing to share with you in your joy and even to pray with you in your losses.

So as I sat there at the little table and typed my first post, all I had was faith. Faith and a really poignant Haitian proverb that spoke to me the first time I read it: The pencil of God has no eraser.


He had already drawn the blueprint for our family!

6 of your thoughts:

Melissa E. said...

And what a great reward for your Faith!

Kimmie said...

Happy Blog birthday and Praise God for His hand upon you and yours!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Kathy Cassel said...

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear bloggy
Happy birthday to you : )

Major Mom said...

totally off topic, but I made your taco recipe last night and am making the tortilla soup tonight. Its already in the crock pot:) I added leftover yellow rice and so far it seems to work:0)

CG said...

Look at that lovely little pumpkin face! He is so adorable I can hardly stand it. How many months is he exactly now?

I'm glad to be on this journey while you are on yours. I forgot, you are in Florida! We live on the east coast- just South of Daytona Beach.

junglemama said...

Happy blog birthday! Your little boy is just too cute!