Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Still in IBESR...

I was pretty sure this would be the case, but I did start to get a flutter of excitement as I opened the e-mail attachment that was our January report.

I know there are files that have been in longer than ours and I've seen one on the IBESR Update Blog that was entered after ours but has already come out. So I'm trying to avoid any type of speculation (February) or expectation (February) when it comes the movement of our file.

*cough cough* February *cough cough*

The rest of the report was fine. Asa is doing well; he had a little rash that cleared up, he's peaceful and joyful, he is beginning to communicate, he has good sleep and good appetite . It's funny to read the reports, which are written in kind of a broken English. They say the same thing almost every month but it's cute.


What a lovely month. And it has 29 days this year!! One extra day for them to work on getting files out. ;o)

12 of your thoughts:

Kathy Cassel said...

Sounds like your reports are about the same as ours--except ours are written by an American so no problems with the English. But they all pretty much say the same thing. But it's nice to get our monthly pictures.

Anonymous said...

You are funny. Sure hope it is February for you!

Major Mom said...

February-February-February think chanting will help??

Kathy Cassel said...

I will be in Bradenton Feb 27-March 2 so at least I won't be checking my e-mail every half hour for an update!

Melissa E. said...

help me out...What happens after the IBSR thing? Of course, you have explained it before! The process just doesn't stick in my brain!

Beth said...

Melissa, after IBESR (which is Haitian social services) it goes into Parquet. That's another segment of the judicial process where (I think) they are verifying all the paperwork. It's then submitted to second legalization where the final adoption decree is issued. But wait, there's more! Then it's on to MOI where passports are issued. People have been stuck there for many, many months. After that there's an INS appointment, visas are issued and it's time to bring the child home. Even if all goes really smoothly, I can't see him coming home anytime sooner than mid-summer. :o(

AprilC said...

Hey Beth....I was hoping that your report would say something new!!! We got our report today and are still in IBESR also...

Anonymous said...

Beth,
Asa is so adorable - the wait must be excruitiating. I'll be following your blog closely. Your family is amazing - you are blessed.
Lisa S (Adoption Under One Roof)

Kathy Cassel said...

Don't forget that parquet can take anywhere from 2-11 months so we could all still be sitting in parquet next Christmas! Of course, we might be the lucky ones who are out in 2 months...

Beth said...

Yikes, Kathy. I have heard of some really long waits but thought it was getting better. The adoption timeline our orphanage gave us (as of September) was that Parquet should be 4-8 weeks. I automatically assume high, though, and and was hoping for more like three months. Wishful thinking, I guess.... ;o)

K. said...

I hope Feb. is the month for many of us. We have been in IBESR since the end of Sept. and I am praying we will be out soon. We have 3 bio kids and I am wondering if people aren't getting out because of this?
Praying with you!
Kim

Beth said...

Kim - a family from our O with three bio kids just came out. So that's encouraging. :o)