Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Irrational Googling...

I'm fairly certain it's a symptom of IBESR induced psychosis.
This is what I googled today (click to enlarge):

I actually found some lovely houses. I need help. Or a realtor.

12 of your thoughts:

Melissa E. said...

I have often thought that I would want to move there if I were you. I suppose your husband's job won't allow it?!

I don't blame you and I don't think it's strange, either!

Tell me, what are you waiting for now? I think at one point you become officially his parents but can't take him home because of visa/passport issues; is that correct? If so, are you at that point in IBESR or will that come next?

Praying...

Anonymous said...

Beth,
So last week, Marc comes home with a job announcement for an opening in the office in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. You know, we thought about it. Then realized how crazy it would be to tell the boys when the adoption was final, that we were moving to the other side of gthe island. Crazy thoughts are what I am made of these days.

Kristi said...

Beth this is good stuff. I am only surprised it had not crossed my mind, yet. A couple weeks and hopefully the long awaited IBESR exits will be announced. Who am I kidding, lets hope they come TODAY!!!

Kathy Cassel said...

Funny!

I love your new background!!

Beth said...

Melissa, Jim does work from home occasionally but wouldn't be able to long-term. :o( And I was surprised to find out what the cost of living is there. The houses in safe areas aren't cheap and the food and fuel costs are crazy. So we definitely couldn't maintain a residence in both places ($$$). Although when Jim saw that I was googling it - he wasn't very surprised. ;o)

So what we're waiting on now is IBESR's approval. Our file will be signed out of that office and then go into Parquet (which is another "review" of what's already been done). That's taking a few months but can change at any time. After that is Second Legalization and the Haitian end of the adoption is essentially complete. Then we go into MOI (I'm not really sure what goes on there other than his passport is issued). That is also taking many months. Finally it's our country's turn to give an approval and issue his visa. It's looking like we still have a long wait. :o(

Beth said...

Geralyn... just think, no more snow and you could probably have LOTS of goats! ;o)

AprilC said...

Loved it...maybe I could move there and be your realtor?

CG said...

Oh dear Beth- I ache for you. Seriously, how many times have I asked God to move you out of IBESR now? It's funny how much I think of you and others I've never met. I believe 100% that He leads me to pray for you, and thus I believe you ARE going to get the heck out of there before you could even attempt to find, finance & close on a house in Haiti! Love, Cara

Rachel said...

You're too cute!

Chloe Peifer said...

hy mommy i want him here to bye

Chloe Peifer said...

hy mommy i want him hera to bye

Rachel said...

Just stopping by to say Happy Mother's Day. Prayers my friend...